Legion of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Shadows

Are you ready to face the Shadows?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fighting style

Go down 
+2
ilnadmy
Ronin Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table
Ronin Wolf

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:02 pm

New article about fighting styles up on PoBS site check it out... its a pretty good read.

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=news/article&article_id=10356

Im still trying to decide what fighting style i want to go with i will probably try them all in Beta and then decide but im leaning towards fencing because from what i read it fits my style the most but i will try them all to make sure.
Back to top Go down
https://legionofshadows.forumotion.net
ilnadmy
Shadow Captain
ilnadmy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:04 pm

I'm leaning towards Florentine myself, since I like dual wielding and the extra defense would be useful to prevent getting hit too much. One thing I've learned from MMOs is outlasting = win.
Back to top Go down
Gaheris Harper
Shadow Captain
Gaheris Harper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:06 am

Ronin Wolf wrote:
New article about fighting styles up on PoBS site check it out... its a pretty good read.

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=news/article&article_id=10356

Im still trying to decide what fighting style i want to go with i will probably try them all in Beta and then decide but im leaning towards fencing because from what i read it fits my style the most but i will try them all to make sure.

yea fencing i'll prob do too
Back to top Go down
samkin
Shadow Captain
samkin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:10 am

Fencing FTW!
Back to top Go down
Gaheris Harper
Shadow Captain
Gaheris Harper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:46 am

i was going to choose dirty fighting but fencing seems more .. appropriate =p lol idk
Back to top Go down
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain
Vincent Vendetta

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Hold on! What was that at the end, "supernatural"? I thought that the majic crap was not going to be a part of PotBS. This sounds like they have done just that. Whats next? Are they going to introduce Wizards and Witches into the game? No sir, I don't like the sound of that at all.
Back to top Go down
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table
Ronin Wolf

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 4:55 pm

They have said from the start there will be supernatural elements for the players that want to explore that but they have also said if you dont want to come in contact with it or use it you dont have to and you wont be at a disadvantage for not using it.

So its just up to your personal preference.
Back to top Go down
https://legionofshadows.forumotion.net
ilnadmy
Shadow Captain
ilnadmy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:49 am

Hmm I read that article and didn't see anything about Supernatural. Might roll a Pirate with that supernatural thing eventually, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain
Vincent Vendetta

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:18 pm

Special Skills is our catch all for skills that don’t quite fit in the other categories. This includes Stuns, skills that instantly give you initiative, first aid skills, and ranged attack skills (pistols and throwing knives). It also includes many of our mission reward skills including improved first aid skills, chemistry skills for mixing up a range of interesting concoctions, and skills for interacting with our Supernatural Content.

here it is. the 2nd para from the end.
Back to top Go down
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain
Leon Silvestre

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: things   Fighting style Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Okay the only things I have heard are as follows.

From the E-3 Interview it was stated that while it will be "difficult" to avoid supernatural content entirely (they took back former statement of being able to never run into it) they said you can run into it minimally and cast it off if you wish. (Leaves me to assume there is something supernatural to the main storyline).

For skills yes but once again mission reward skills, if you don't want to have it, don't go on the mission. Yes this does mean other players will have those skills who did and use them against you, but you can hope it's something you can cast off. Such as a curse, or something that while affecting stats your character can rp ignoring.

I'm more interested in the time they said sometime after release they plan to add Npc's with certain skills you can pick up to aid your ship. (Loved that part of Sid Meyers" I just hope if they can't randomize who you get they at least randomize apperance and I do not want to see everyone having there Gunner Mate looking exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting style   Fighting style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: