Legion of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Shadows

Are you ready to face the Shadows?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

potc3 review

Go down 
+3
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Julia Bloodbath
Ronin Wolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table
Ronin Wolf

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 1:52 am

Ok so i decided to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 tonight, and its almost 1:00 in the morning here and im quite tired so this may not be the most coherent review ever.

I have very mixed feelings I liked the movie alot because it had alot of humor and the final scene was just crazy but at the same time i feel they had way to many plot points that werent important at all really and the only purpose they served was to make the movie last close to three hours.

IMO Orlando Bloom sucked up the screen i thought his acting was pretty terrible, I thought Keira Knightly was very good (and gorgeous i might add Very Happy ) and of course Mr. Depp was great as Sparrow.

I think my biggest beef with this film is the fact that it had alot of just completely bizarre moments that kind of took me out of the story, I really enjoyed how in the first film they kinda meshed realism and pirate myth to make a very cool fantasy story, they did about the same in the 2nd but in the 3rd i feel they have kinda went a little to far with the fantasy aspects it may just be me but the whole Calipso storyline didnt do it for me and kinda felt like it wasnt needed and honestly.

Possible SPOILERS

I knew calipso was really the voodoo lady from the start so i think that caused it to lose some thunder, also I really didnt think Jack's Dad (Keith Richards) was executed very well I really was looking forward to that but honestly it felt kinda flat.

Also imo it is very clear they are going to do another movie in the series they set it up perfectly at the end with the whole map to the Fountain of Youth and Johnny Depp has said he would like to do another one oneday and we all know the money will be there.

Final Thoughts

Ok so i had some definate gripes i with the movie i thought they should have went for a simpler story but in the end i still enjoyed the film very much and did i mention Keira was amazing? Laughing all jokes aside it was a good film but not great imo. My final grade is:

3/5

I look forward to seeing what you guys thought pirat
Back to top Go down
https://legionofshadows.forumotion.net
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
Julia Bloodbath

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-05-20

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 3:37 am

Okay just got back from POTC3 and its about 11:33 pm here. Okay so I liked the movie, alot. But I also have a few beefs with the whole plot line. I don't want to give out any spoilers but I too don't know really what to make of the film. I didnt' like how the plt focused on Elizabeth alot. And as my friend Lexi would tell you I bitched to her about teh ending all the way home from the movie.

I hated the ending!!!!!!!

Except for the part with Jack Sparrow. But anything with Johnny Depp is amazing. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 3:55 am

WARNING AND DISCLAIMER. THE AUTHOR IS NOT A PROFFESIONAL FILM CRITIC SO ANY TAKING OF HIS WORDS AS MEANINGFUL IS SOMETHING TO BE DONE ONLY IN RARE OCCURANCES AND NOT THE LEAS IF ONES LIFE DEPENDED ON SUCH WORDS, ALSO SPOILERS AROUND IN THIS PAGE I DONT DIVIDE WELL SO HERE AGAIN.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Enjyoable to the last that is my humble but quasi professional opinon as a movie critic in my own thoughts. anywho I am a special effects guy so the amount of great effects throughout the movie were able to make a worthwhile time for me and my friends to spend a thursday night seeing. With the formentioned by my co conspirators I find that there were plot lines about but not as bad as Spider man 3,

I also liked having the comic relief brought back into the film with the two british sailors from the first movie as well as the bald pirate and his one eye friend who made more hilarious parts again in this movie, I especially like the return of 'Jack' the cursed and undead monkey who above all other things is shot out of a cannon which still cracks me up, anyhow a great movie for anyone the least bit piratey or just enjoys a high end film with crazy sword fighting betrayel after betrayel after yet another betrayel romance that ends a bit unexpected an a hilarious pirate lord who cant keeep his multiple personalities locked up

here hopeing its not the last weve seen of dear old Jack Sparrow as well as hoping that when we log on in beta or the real game there is not two dozen jack sparrow pcs or doozens of Black perals or Flying Dutchmans.

thanks in advance for reading my crazy jiberish.
Back to top Go down
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
Julia Bloodbath

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 4:36 am

I loved Spiderman 3, i mean who doens't love an Emo Peter Parker. Yeah it was kind of cheesy but thats what made it so good...
Back to top Go down
Ronin Wolf
Ronin Wolf

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 1:17 pm

I didnt mind that the movie focused more on Elizabeth that much i just didnt think there was enough Jack. The special effects in this movie were amazing so anyone who is into that will love it as you mentioned Sullivan, I liked the movie dont get me wrong but when i go to a movie i appreciate the story more then anything else and i felt it was kinda lacking for my tastes but overall i would recommend people to see it.

Dont get me started on SpiderMan i know alot of people loved that movie but i just didnt feel that movie that much again they had an awesome ending but i felt like they were all over the place as far as story... and i dont have anything to say about Emo peter parker accept it did make me literally rofl Laughing it was pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
alba_cross

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-21

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:07 pm

SPOILERS GALORE!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE AT ALL SURPRISED. But I have to get my two cents in.

I disagree. I love the ending and what they did with Will Turner. Also, I've never really liked Elizabeth Swann. But with each movie I like her more and more. I like what they did with each individual character.

I did not like the waaaay bizarre stuff like with Jack and all the other, well, Jacks. I also thought they tied up the loose ends from the second movie kind of quickly. The answers they gave you kind of lacked depth, but hey, on with the show.

BTW... That was the most beautiful wedding I've ever had the joy of witnessing. ::sniff:: Sad Smile

Julia, I know how much of a romantic you are. But I personally hate perfect endings. I think the ending made the movie.
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
alba_cross

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: How'd this get to Spiderman? Oh well...   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:08 pm

I think Spiderman 2 was better, but Spiderman 3 wasn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
alba_cross

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:12 pm

By the way, since I went to the El Capitan theatre, which by the way was freakin' awesome, I got a beta test pass from the POTC Online game among all these other free stuff they were handing out. I'm gonna check that out just to get my pirate fix for now and I'll tell you guys all about it when I get the time.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Fury
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-13

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Have fun trying out POTC online but from what i heard it is more directed towards kids and preteens, PoBS is supposed to be like 100% more realistic and that means 100% better in my book Cool but have fun wit da Beta and let us know how you like it fo sho.
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
alba_cross

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Maybe. But it was free Very Happy But it's taking forever to load. I wonder how much I've aged since I clicked the "Play" button...
Back to top Go down
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
Julia Bloodbath

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 10:50 pm

I like Elizabeth but I do wish there had been more of Jack Sparrow. And yes, I am a hopeless romantic as alba_cross said so I was disappointed. After basically dreaming of the ending, yes the ending haunted my dreams which is kind of sad, I think I was just surprised at how they ended it. It was romantic but I am very opininated (sorry spelled that wrong) so if it doesn't happen my way I whine.

Did any of you see the scene after the the credits at the end of the movie? My friends dad told us what happened.
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
alba_cross

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Okay, I've been trying to make the POTC Online Beta test thing I got work for the past day now and its not working. It's bugged, so that's all I have to report about it I guess. I'm kind of glad though. I wouldn't want to be pulled away from PotBS. The thing that I like about this community is the developers are very honest with you and they seem like they care about what they're doing a lot. POTC seems very commercial and in it just for the marketing (Don't look so surprised people Wink )

Not much of a review but that's all I got to report.

PotBS still rules king
Back to top Go down
Ronin Wolf
Ronin Wolf

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 10:02 pm

No doubt i honestly think the POTC game is gonna burn out fast they are just putting it out for all the POTC fan boys...

And PoBS has some of the best and most honest devs around it is why i have so much faith that the final product is gonna be AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain
Leon Silvestre

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: well   potc3 review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 1:55 am

I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly. Many people dismissed toontown thinking that there was no MMO market for kids and it boomed, not as large as WoW or anything but a sizeable amount.

POTBS is darker (I hope) and seems to have more historic/semi serious aspects.

As for Movie like most here I have mixed feelings.

My main issue was that during the movie, rite at the moment the two ships go into whirlpool, the projection stopped, and the projectionist had to start back at beginnign and fastforward clip by clip to get us back to that part. Very annoying.

Otherwise I liked it. I like Sparrow's dad because he was on the Disney Ride and looked very similar. I always look for littel tidbits from the ride i member as a kid (before they redid it to make it look part of movie).

That said yes the Romance scenes were a bit to much, and I felt the end kind of Draaaaged on. I'm glad i am alert enough to follow the many plot lines I know many ppl who just found it far to confusing. All in all good summer movie.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain
Vincent Vendetta

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 4:40 am

After seeing the film, I had this nagging felling that I had seen it before but how? Then it struck me. Surrealism! Salvador Dali must have been the influence behind the scenes. A salt plain to the horizon, a dark ship upon it, a single man who talks to himself and tries to pull the ship single handedly, only to be aided by an ocean of rock crabs. The only thing missing was melted clocks. The film is a salute to Dali. That realization made it much more enjoyable for me. But then I am a bit mad you know! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

potc3 review Empty
PostSubject: Re: potc3 review   potc3 review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

potc3 review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: